Injured By A Dangerous Product? Let Our Legal Team Fight For You.
America is a consumer culture. And with increases in globalized trade and convenient home delivery, it is easier than ever to buy products from around the world. Unfortunately, many of these products are dangerous and can harm us or someone we love.
At Anesi Ozmon, LTD, our attorneys provide skilled and aggressive legal representation to injury victims throughout Illinois, including those harmed by dangerous and defective consumer products. After a serious injury or death caused by a product defect, we can help you seek accountability and compensation in a product liability lawsuit.
How To Know When You May Have An Actionable Claim
Product defects are as varied as products themselves, but nearly all defects can be broken down into three categories:
- Design defects – The design of the product is flawed, which means that all units of the product will have the defect.
- Manufacturing defects – The design may be sound, but there are issues with how it was manufactured. Depending on when the problem started and how long it took to fix, defects could be limited to a certain “batch” or “run” of the product, or it could impact all units.
- Failure to warn/instruct – Some products are inherently dangerous, while others are dangerous if used incorrectly. Manufacturers and retailers have a duty to include safety warnings that disclose known risks and instructions on proper use.
If you believe that one or more of these categories applies to the defective product that harmed you, chances are good that you have an actionable claim for product liability. Our firm offers free consultations where you can explain your concerns and learn about your legal options.
Examples Of Dangerous And Defective Products
You can find defective versions of nearly every type of product on the market. Common examples include:
- Dangerous vehicles and auto parts: Exploding air bags, tires prone to splitting, SUVs that roll over in a crash, etc.
- Products for children and babies: Pajamas that are especially flammable, kids’ toys with small parts that present a choking hazard, drop-side cribs that can trap and suffocate infants, etc.
- Pharmaceutical products: Prescription drugs that do not include warnings of known dangers and side effects, tainted or contaminated medicine, incorrect concentrations/dosages, etc.
- Medical devices: All-metal hip implants that shed metal shavings into the body, defibrillators that can fatally malfunction, etc.
- Household cleaning products and chemicals: Failure to warn about dangerous fumes or ingestion hazards, packaging and design that children can mistake for candy, etc.
- Appliances and household items: Computer cords that overheat and catch fire, space heaters that don’t shut off when tipped over, etc.
Most of the product types listed above are able to be sold without being independently certified as safe. However, even a pre-approval process is no guarantee of safety. Prescription drugs and most medical devices must be approved by the Food and Drug Administration. But when manufacturers withhold critical safety information learned from their own clinical trials, FDA regulators are not able to make an informed approval.
Work With A Trusted And Trial-Tested Legal Team
Based in Chicago, Anesi Ozmon, LTD, has been serving clients throughout Illinois since 1955. Our team of dedicated attorneys has more than 200 years of combined legal experience, and we have recovered tens of millions of dollars for injury victims in product liability judgments and settlements.