Protecting the injured since 1955
Brian Teven, a partner with Anesi Ozmon, has spent his entire career representing clients whose lives have been severely impacted by injuries. Brian has been with Anesi Ozmon since 2009, and prior to that gained a wealth of experience handling personal injury and workers’ compensation cases at another prominent firm. Brian has handled numerous cases throughout his career that have gone to trial, arbitration, mediation and settlement conference. He has successfully tried cases to verdict on both the state and federal levels, and has handled cases throughout the state of Illinois, including Cook, Lake, Dupage, Will, Winnebago and Kankakee counties. In addition to handling a large caseload, Brian manages the New Files Department at the firm, and oversees all of the firm’s cases in their early stages.
Brian was selected as an Emerging Lawyer in 2015, 2016, and 2017. Emerging Lawyers have been selected by their peers to be among the top lawyers age 40 or younger and include less than 2% of all lawyers in Illinois. He is an active member of several legal organizations including the Illinois Trial Lawyers Association, the Chicago Bar Association, and the American Association for Justice. Brian takes great pride in representing individuals and their families in cases against large insurance companies and corporations.
Recent Settlements and Verdicts:
- $4.55 million settlement for a motorcyclist who was caused to fall off his motorcycle entering an area of negligent maintenance and improper signage on a public street. Our client suffered a traumatic brain injury which led to an ongoing seizure disorder.
- $2.1 million total package settlement for a union ironworker who suffered bilateral wrist fractures after falling from a steel beam while working at a construction site.
- $1,500,000 settlement for a woman whose arm was crushed by a defective machine in the workplace.
- $1,225,000 total settlement package for three passengers in a motor vehicle accident who suffered serious injuries after being rear-ended.
- $1 million settlement for a woman who suffered facial fractures with reconstructive surgery due to a motor vehicle accident.
- $700,000 total package settlement for a union ironworker who injured his back while lifting a heavy piece of steel in the workplace.
- $600,000 settlement for a union ironworker who injured his shoulder after slipping on a piece of loose conduit on a construction site.
- $550,000 settlement for an 80 year old patient whose doctor failed to properly diagnose and treat colon cancer.
- $500,000 total settlement package for a truck driver who suffered a herniated disc after being pinned to a fence by a pallet jack.
- $400,000 total package settlement for a union ironworker who suffered a fractured foot after being struck by a steel beam on a construction site.
- $250,000 settlement for a man who suffered a herniated disc with surgery due to a motor vehicle accident at an intersection.
- $200,000 total package settlement for a union ironworker who suffered a torn labrum when a bar joist fell on his leg on a construction site.
- $200,000 settlement for a passenger in a limousine who injured her shoulder when the limousine was sideswiped by a semi truck.
- $190,000 settlement for a child who suffered a fractured arm which required surgery due to being a passenger on a boat which was struck by another boat.
- Personal Injury
- Construction Negligence
- Dram Shop
- Medical Malpractice
- Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Premises Liability
- Product Liability
- Trucking Accidents
- Wrongful Death
- Washington University School of Law, St. Louis, Missouri
- J.D. - 2002
- University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin
- B.B.A. - 1999
- Major: Finance
- Illinois, 2002
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois, 2002
- Polansky & Cichon, Associate, 2003 to 2009
- Emerging Lawyer
Classes & Seminars
Fraternities or Sororities
Certified Legal Specialties
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association
- Chicago Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- American Association for Justice
Current Employment Positions