First Responder Disability Claims in the Greater Chicagoland Area
Attorneys Helping Those Who Help the Most
At Anesi Ozmon in Chicago, we want to extend our sincere thanks to local first responders who do so much each day to keep our communities safe. Please know that, if you are a first responder like a police officer, firefighter, or EMT, then we have your back for difficult legal cases. You can count on our lawyers for workers’ compensation claims, third-party injury claims, disability and pension claims if your injury is keeping you from working in your chosen profession. We appreciate your service, and we wish to show it by offering our top-tier legal representation and counsel, so call (312) 779-6610 whenever you need help.
Let Us Help with Your Recovery
We can help with cases involving the following and more:
- Police officer disability pension: We support our police officers throughout the greater Chicagoland area. If you were hurt in the line of duty please contact us so we can offer you assistance and advise.
- Firefighter disability pension: Each day for a firefighter can be a dangerous one. If an injury happens while working or that prevents you from working, then you should be fairly compensated.
- PEDA benefits: The Public Employee Disability Act (PEDA) of Illinois affords you certain disability benefits as a first responder. We can ensure you get them.
- PSEBA benefits: The Public Safety Employee Benefits Act (PSEBA) of Illinois provides additional benefits to any first responder and their family who is injured under certain scenarios.
- PTSD/Psychological injuries: Psychological trauma caused by your job could make you eligible for workers’ compensation benefits. For example, if you are traumatized after observing catastrophic injuries at an accident scene, or if you are involved in a traumatic event, then it could result in PTSD and you would be entitled to compensation.
- Occupational disease: If you became ill due to interacting with someone who has a contagious disease or working around hazardous chemicals, you could qualify for disability pension or workers’ compensation benefits.
- Pension Benefits: First responders are entitled to a pension benefit under the Illinois Pension Code if they become disabled during their employment. Our attorneys are familiar with this Pension Code and can assist you in obtaining the appropriate benefit you are entitled to receive.
Thank you to the police officers, firefighters, and EMTs of Chicago! Please contact us online if you need help with a disability case of any sort.
The financial benefits to help you recover and compensate you for your injury will depend on what type of case you are pursuing. Our goal as your attorney will be to identify the best method of getting you the financial support you deserve and are entitled to receive under the law.
If you have a workers’ compensation claim, then your benefits can include wage replacement, payment for medical treatment, possible vocational retraining, and compensation for any permanent disability.
If you are pursuing a pension disability claim, then your benefits can supplement the benefits you receive under Workers’ Compensation laws. Disability claims can be made if you have a physical injury or mental health condition that prevents you from returning to work for an extended period of time or possibly for the rest of your life. The Illinois Pension Code for first responders also provides a disability pension for non-work-related injuries in many instances.
Pension Disability cases and workers’ compensation claims are not guaranteed to be easy, especially if an employer or insurer wants to question everything at each step along the way. As a first responder, you certainly don’t deserve such frustrations. You should be provided with the financial support you need without delay. Our attorneys are here to make sure that happens with as little stress on you as possible.
Thank you to the police officers, firefighters, and EMTs in the greater Chicagoland area! Please contact us online if you need help with a Workers’ Compensation or Pension Disability case of any kind.