Protecting the injured since 1955
“I believe that all of my clients deserve to be treated with respect and professionalism at all times. Each client’s injury is unique to him or her and I will do whatever it takes to obtain the maximum compensation possible on their behalf.”
Steve is a dedicated litigator who stops at nothing to achieve success and significant awards for his clients. He has been consistently named as one of the Leading Lawyers in Illinois for personal injury attorneys. In addition, Steve has given presentation lectures to members of ITLA (Illinois Trial Lawyers Association), and has been named to the Board of managers of ITLA.
Steve has an impressive track record of achievements. He has obtained many significant settlements and verdicts for his clients, including:
- $10.03 million settlement for a union ironworker who sustained serious knee and wrist injuries requiring multiple surgeries when, while erecting industrial racking at a large warehouse in Aurora, a row of racks was caused to tip and fall over onto his man lift. The defendants responsible for the construction site offered $4.5 million to settle prior to trial which was rejected. However, after 5 days of trial in Federal Court, the settlement was achieved.
- $2.5 million jury verdict for a union electrician IBEW Local 134 who injured his knee requiring arthroscopic surgery after he twisted his knee coming down from a ladder while working at a UPS packaging facility, when the UPS package cart bumped into his ladder. The Defendant offered $125,000 prior to trial to settle the case which was rejected.
- $2.25 million total package settlement for union laborer Local 1035 who was injured during a tunneling project when rocks and slag fell onto him, cracking his hard hat and injuring his neck.
- $2.1 million in total package settlement for a 50-year-old union ironworker Local 393 who fell approximately 14 feet after slipping and losing his balance while walking on open steel beams, landing on the concrete floor below. He sustained fractures to both wrists as well as a ruptured spleen requiring emergency surgery. The worker was not provided with or using fall protection at the time of the injury.
- $1.9 million total package settlement for a union iron worker Local 444 who slipped on unsafe ground conditions on a construction site in Putnam County suffering a herniated disc and requiring discectomy surgery and pain management.
- $1.7 million total package settlement for a union ironworker Local 465 who injured his back in a slip and fall while working to secure metal decking on a steel roof at a jobsite in Vermillion County.
- $1.52 million settlement for a Local 393 iron worker who was caused to trip and fall due to hole that should have been backfilled on a construction site in Batavia. Our client sustained a torn rotator cuff requiring surgical repair.
- $1.5 total package settlement for a union ironworker who injured his shoulder while manually installing angle iron from a man lift.
- $1.5 million total package settlement for a union painter who injured his knee while climbing an old wooden affixed ladder on a jobsite in Chicago.
Slip and Fall / Motor Vehicle:
- $4.55 million settlement for motorcycle crash causing severe TBI and requiring emergency life saving brain surgery. Our client a 55 year old man self-employed in trucking was caused to crash his motorcycle due to unsafe road paving (resurfacing) work performed on a busy road in Chicago.
- $2.55 million settlement for a man working as a “flagman” when a large truck rolled over his lower leg causing the leg to be amputated.
- $1.75 million settlement for a student who had suffered a severe concussion when an inflatable amusement ride malfunctioned at a post-high school prom event. Our client was struck in the head with a chain when the apparatus came apart, and he continues to suffer from migraine headaches as a result of his head injury.
- $950,000 settlement for a semi-truck driver who was rear-ended by another truck while in traffic on I-80. He sustained a herniated disc which required surgery and continuing chiropractic care.
- $668,750 settlement for pedestrians who were struck while crossing Aurora Avenue in Naperville by a Naperville Police Officer. The Village of Naperville argued that it was immune from suit under the law. It filed multiple motions to dismiss which were defeated.
- $440,000 settlement for a union ironworker apprentice Local 63 who injured her back requiring an IDET procedure when she slipped and fell on water on the floor at a Jewel food store in DuPage County.
- $437,000 total package settlement for a union painter who suffered a torn rotator cuff of his shoulder in a fall from an improperly placed ladder on a job site.
- Personal Injury Litigation
- Chicago-Kent College of Law, Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago, Illinois
- J.D. - 1994
- Bradley University
- B.S. - 1991
- Illinois, 1994
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois, 1994
Classes & Seminars
- Presenter, Members of ITLA (Illinois Trial Lawyers Association)
Fraternities or Sororities
- Russell v. the Village of Lake Villa
Certified Legal Specialties
- Illinois Trial Lawyers' Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- American Association for Justice
- Chicago Bar Association
Current Employment Positions
“I just want to let you know between Jennifer and Lisa, you two are awesome attorneys and I will recommend you both till the end! I love your service and positivity throughout the process! Thank you both for all you have done! I honestly felt so comfortable with your service from the start! I can’t thank you both enough! Honestly!”
“They did a great job with helping me with my workman's comp case. I would recommend this law firm to anyone that’s in need of a lawyer.”