Premises Liability Lawyers Serving All Of Illinois
Property owners in Illinois have responsibilities as well as rights. Specifically, they must ensure that their premises are reasonably safe for visitors and guests and that any hazards are identified and addressed promptly. Unfortunately, too many property owners – both commercial and residential – fail to take these responsibilities seriously, and others are harmed as a result.
At Anesi Ozmon, LTD, our attorneys are tireless advocates for victims who have been injured on dangerous private property in Illinois. We can help you seek full and fair compensation through a premises liability lawsuit to cover expenses like medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more. Since our firm’s founding in 1955, we have recovered millions of dollars on behalf of victims injured on dangerous property.
Slip-And-Fall Injuries Are Among The Leading Premises Liability Claims
Perhaps the most common way to get injured on someone else’s property is a slip-and-fall accident. Examples include:
- Slipping on spilled liquids in a grocery store, leading to a traumatic brain injury when the victim hits their head on the ground
- Slipping on a freshly mopped floor in a restaurant because workers did not put up a “wet floor” sign, causing the victim to suffer a spinal cord injury
- Slipping and falling in a snowy parking lot because store owners failed to shovel/plow and salt in a timely manner
- Slipping on leaking oil and other fluids at a gas station because employees didn’t clean up the spills or warn customers to avoid them
You may be tempted to assume that your slip-and-fall accident was your fault. But the problem wasn’t necessarily carelessness on your part. If the property owner failed to address a known slipping hazard and you were harmed as a result, you may have a cause for legal action.
Were Your Injuries Caused By Property Owner Negligence?
In addition to slip-and-fall accidents, other common sources of premises liability claims include:
- Burn injuries from a fire caused by faulty electrical wiring
- Dog bites and animal attacks (even if they occur off the dog owner’s property)
- Assault and other crime-related injuries due to inadequate security in a known high-crime area
- Trip-and-fall accidents in big box stores due to poorly placed merchandise and other tripping hazards
- Elevator and escalator accidents at a shopping mall
- Falling down a staircase while visiting someone’s home because of poor lighting, uneven stair heights and missing handrails
- Attacks and injuries caused by an intruder in your own apartment because your landlord failed to make necessary repairs to your locks
When you work with our firm, our attorneys will carefully examine the details of your accident to determine how it happened and who was at fault. We will then work diligently to build a case against the negligent property owner and fight for maximum compensation on your behalf.
Get Answers To Your Questions During A Free Consultation
Not sure you have a case? Our firm is here to help by offering free initial consultations. To speak to one of our experienced and knowledgeable injury lawyers, call our Chicago office at 312-997-5784 or contact us online.