Truck Accident Lawyers In Chicago
Assistance For Accident Victims & Their Families
When semi trucks and other large trucks are involved in accidents, the resulting injuries can be devastating and often fatal. The expenses can pile up, leaving victims with financial stress in addition to the physical and emotional challenges they face. If you or a loved one has been injured in an Illinois trucking accident, we can help you recover the compensation you need while you focus on healing.
At Anesi Ozmon, LTD, our attorneys have a vast amount of legal experience representing individuals injured in truck accidents, including injured car drivers and passengers, truck drivers, and teamsters seeking workers’ compensation benefits in Illinois. Turn to a law firm that has focused on protecting the rights of the injured since 1955. If you are a truck driver and you cannot go back to trucking, we will help you determine your options and pursue the maximum compensation available through workers’ compensation, Social Security Disability (SSD), and any third-party liability claim, as appropriate.
Contact our truck accident attorneys in Chicago today.
Causes Of Truck Accidents
Truck accidents can have a number of causes, including:
- Substance abuse: Unfortunately, many truckers struggle with substance abuse. When alcohol and drugs are involved with the haul, it causes great danger for everyone on the road.
- Truck driver negligence: This can include everything from excessive weight in the trailer, inadequate logging of information, driving too long and improper vehicle maintenance.
- Excessive hours: There are strict limits to how long a driver can be on the road at a time without rest. However, many drivers and trucking companies violate these limits to increase profits. But driver fatigue is real, and it often leads to driving errors that can result in serious injury or death.
- Dangerous roadways: Sometimes an accident is not the fault of either driver. Sometimes the fault lies in the road itself. When municipalities fail to fix potholes and maintain safe road conditions, they can be held liable for the injuries and damages that result.
Our lawyers represent clients in serious injury claims caused by accidents involving big rigs and other commercial vehicles, first-responder vehicles, construction vehicles, and other large motor vehicles.
In addition to our injury practice, we also represent families and estates in wrongful death claims arising from trucking accidents. Our attorneys will walk you through the legal process of obtaining compensation for hospital costs, funeral and burial costs, loss of companionship, and loss of income. We will handle your wrongful death case with compassion.
Our Chicago Semi-Truck Accident Attorneys’ Successes
We have been successful in truck accident claims. Below are brief summaries of some of the claims we have handled for past clients:
- $2,270,900 verdict after a Commonwealth Edison truck accident caused serious back injuries
- $1,850,000 settlement after a bucket truck struck a laborer
- $1,600,000 settlement after a truck collision seriously injured a woman’s leg in Joliet
- $1,500,000 settlement for a client whose multiple sclerosis was exacerbated after a semi-truck accident. She also suffered spinal cord injuries.
While many of our cases settle and provide our clients with fair compensation, we are always prepared for trial. Our attorneys are prepared to take on complex truck accident claims, and we have vast experience challenging large insurance companies, trucking companies, and others.