Products Liability: Verdicts And Settlements
Below are brief summaries of products liability cases that we have resolved for past clients.
- $11,700,000 settlement for a man rendered triplegic after a fall on a stairway with a defective handrail.
- $7,820,000 settlement for a female construction worker who suffered the amputation of her arm when her arm became entangled in the gears of a crane due to defective design of the safety guard.
- $6,700,000 settlement for a construction worker crippled while working with a crane that had defective brake drums and cables.
- $6,500,000 settlement for two factory workers injured when a portion of the plant they were working in exploded.
- $3,650,000 settlement for a construction worker who lost his leg during the installation of a jetway that had defective support at O’Hare Airport.
- $1,750,000 settlement for a student who had suffered a severe concussion when an inflatable amusement ride malfunctioned at a post-high school prom event.
- More than $1,000,000 settlement for a construction worker injured when he was electrified when the boom of a crane came into contact with a power line and no proximity warning system was in place.
- $1,500,000 settlement for a construction worker injured while descending a defectively designed ladder.
- $1,417,000 settlement for a Commonwealth Edison electrician burned in a substation explosion caused by a defective switch.
- $1,210,000 settlement on behalf of a construction worker who was killed as a result of defective construction equipment, a manlift.
- $1,000,000 settlement for man who struck his eye on a truck cap that was unreasonably dangerous due to a defective design.
- $900,000 verdict for a road construction worker injured when he was struck by a concrete spreading machine on a job site.
- $798,000 verdict in a case that involved a space heater that had short-circuited and shocked the plaintiff.
- $450,000 verdict for a millwright who fractured his wrist when a torque wrench broke.
- $250,000 settlement in addition to waiver of Workers’ Compensation Lien for patient care technician injured when overhead medical equipment fell the from hospital ceiling above her and she was forced to grab the equipment and hold it to prevent it from striking a patient and her co-worker.