Lisa M. Ciharan
Lisa focuses on zealously advocating on behalf of clients who have suffered injuries or death due to the negligent or careless conduct of others. Lisa concentrates her practice in the areas of premises liability, vehicular collisions, medical malpractice, and nursing home negligence. To date, Lisa has recovered over two million dollars in settlements for her clients.
While studying at DePaul University College of Law, Lisa was a member of the DePaul Appellate Moot Court Society where she competed in several national moot court competitions. In 2012, Lisa and her partner competed in and advanced to the octa-finals round in the American Bar Association Competition—one of the most prestigious and difficult moot court competitions in the nation. Lisa also served on the Moot Court executive board in her third year at DePaul law. While in law school, Lisa clerked for the Cook County State’s Attorney, worked as a judicial extern for Circuit Court Judge James Murray, and worked as a law clerk at one of the most prestigious workers’ compensation firms in Chicago.
Lisa is currently a member of the Women’s Bar Association of Illinois and the Illinois Trial Lawyers Association.
Lisa is fluent in Romanian and is very active in the Romanian community, volunteering as a Sunday School teacher and as President of the Parents Committee at her church. In her free time, she dedicates herself to her husband and three children.
Lisa’s Recent Settlements & Awards:
- $862,000 settlement for a client whose pulmonary fibrosis had worsened from inhaling cooking gas which had leaked from a malfunctioning stove in his apartment
- $495,000 settlement in a medical malpractice case where a doctor failed to reduce a woman’s broken ankle and she later developed nerve pain injuries
- $121,000 settlement for a semi-truck driver who broke two ribs after a roll-over collision
- $90,000 pre-suit settlement for a man who broke his ankle when he slipped and fell on ice in a parking lot
- Illinois, 2012
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, 2012
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin, 2015
- DePaul University College of Law, Chicago, Illinois
- J.D. – 2012
- DePaul Moot Court Society
- The Ohio State University
- B.S. in Psychology
- B.A in Sociology
- Cum Laude & with Honors Distinction from the Honors Program
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Women’s Bar Association of Illinois
- Illinois State Bar Association