"Dedication to and compassion for injured parties are necessary qualities in effective and efficient representation. These qualities help ensure the best possible result for the injured parties and their families after a serious injury."
Jeffrey Alter is a partner with Anesi Ozmon after starting with the firm as a law clerk while still in law school. He is an advocate for severely injured people, specializing in injured workers, and his practice of law is concentrated in the areas of workers’ compensation, police and fire pension, and social security disability claims. Jeffrey is a husband, father, and trial attorney representing injured workers, achieving notable success at every level of the court system through the Appellate Court of Illinois. He is admitted to the bar in the State of Illinois, and in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois.
Jeffrey is also an active member of the Chicago Bar Association, Illinois Trial Lawyers’ Association, and the American Association for Justice. Among his professional accomplishments, Jeffrey is a past Committee Chair and seminar speaker of note for the Chicago Bar Association and the Illinois Trial Lawyers’ Association. He is also an author of two chapters in the Workers’ Compensation Notebook, published by the Illinois Trial Lawyers’ Association. He is also a past Committee Chairman for the Chicago Bar Association’s workers’ compensation committee.
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois
Classes & Seminars
- Developing Case Law, Chicago Bar Association (04/2004)
- Liens in Workers' Compensation, Illinois Trial Lawyers Association (11/2007)
- Liens in Workers' Compensation Claims, Chicago Bar Association (05/2008)
- Res Judicata & Collateral Estoppel-ILTA, 2002-2014
- Liens on Workers' Compensation Claims- ILTA, 2007-2014
- Chicago Bar Association, Past Committee Chair and Seminar Speaker
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association
- American Association for Justice
- Workers Compensation Lawyers Association