Assisting Clients After Head Injuries Caused By Accidents
A head injury that occurs on the job can have more complicated repercussions than the pain and suffering. Dealing with insurers and employers is challenging for most injured workers. It is important to consult with an attorney as soon as possible when a serious or catastrophic injury is a result of a workplace accident such as:
- Vehicle accident on the job
- Forklift accident
- Falling merchandise or other materials from shelves in a warehouse
- Falling from a height
- Falling debris at a construction site
- Trauma triggered by an explosion
- Trauma caused by an accident involving heavy machinery
- Hypoxic brain injury resulting from oxygen deprivation such as when a trench collapses and a worker almost suffocates
Head injuries range from mild to fully disabling. Even a “mild” head injury can leave a worker unable to perform his or her previous duties, even after several days, weeks or months of recovery time. A more serious head injury may result in cognitive losses, disfigurement, coma or inducement of a vegetative state.
After a time of recovery, a worker’s compensation insurance carrier or an employer may insist that a worker with a less than catastrophic head injury is able to return to work. The worker may give his or her best efforts, but suffer from lingering effects such as:
- Personality change
- Inability to concentrate
- Inability to multitask as in the past
- Chronic migraine-like headaches
Anesi, Ozmon, Rodin, Novak & Kohen Ltd. represents workers who have suffered head injuries on the job. Read about successful verdicts and settlements that we have obtained in the area of workers’ compensation. Also see comments from satisfied clients.
We Are Here For You After An Accident
Contact us to schedule a free initial consultation to discuss your accident and injury with our team.