Wrongful Death: Verdicts And Settlements
The following is a sampling of the often record results which our lawyers have achieved in wrongful death cases:
- $6,700,000 settlement in the wrongful death of an ironworker due to construction negligence.
- $5,200,000 settlement for a union pipe fitter killed when his scaffold collapsed.
- $5,000,000 medical negligence verdict against a hospital for the death of a man who took his own life while admitted to the psychiatric ward based on the failure to properly monitor, protect and guard against his suicidal tendencies.
- $4,700,000 settlement for the wrongful death of a construction worker injured when his scaffold tipped over.
- $4,500,000 settlement -the full limits of insurance -for the wrongful death of an ironworker.
- $4,000,000 verdict in Lake County, Illinois for the death of a two year old girl as a result of medical negligence for the failure to diagnose meningitis. The medical personnel responsible for the child’s care misinterpreted a bruise, which can be a tell tale sign of spinal meningitis, to be child abuse.
- $3,500,000 settlement for the death of a construction worker who fell from a building during construction as a result of improper safeguards and inadequate fall protection.
- $3,370,000 verdict and ultimate settlement for a man who bled to death because the City of Chicago failed to respond to an emergency 911 call and dispatch an ambulance.
- $3,200,000 settlement for an ironworker killed when he fell 19 feet while moving H-frames without adequate lifting devices.
- $3,200,000 verdict in a wrongful death action involving a railroad crossing in Will County, Illinois.
- $3,066,000 verdict in a 911 wrongful death case against the City of Chicago.
- $2,550,000 settlement for the wrongful death of a man killed in an automobile collision.
- $2,000,000 settlement for the death of a worker asphyxiated by methane gas.
- $1,950,000 settlement with a Health Maintenance Organization and physician for the death of a man due to the failure to timely diagnose colon cancer.
- $1,750,000 verdict for the failure to repair a torn aorta caused by an automobile collision in a timely manner, resulting in the death of a woman.
- $1,750,000 settlement for the death of a six-month old girl who died after a pharmacy improperly filled her prescription for heart medication.
- $1,210,000 settlement on behalf of a construction worker who was killed as a result of defective construction equipment, a manlift.
Contact our Illinois wrongful death lawyers who have successfully handled hundreds of wrongful death cases and are experienced in helping families cope with such an unexpected tragedy.