Chicago Warehouse Accident Lawyers
According to the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), more than 145,000 people work in more than 7,000 warehouses in the U.S. “The fatal injury rate for the warehousing industry is higher than the national average for all industries.” (Source: OSHA website.) This federal agency has identified common hazards to warehouse workers as follows:
- Docks: Forklifts run off docks; products fall on employees; equipment strikes people
- Forklift accidents injure 95,000 people each year. Turnover accidents are common.
- Materials storage: Stacked loads of merchandise and other materials often fall and injure workers.
- Manual lifting and handling: Heavy loads, improper lifting and overexertion sometimes result in back injuries. Repetitive motion injuries sometimes occur.
- Spills of hazardous materials: Chemical exposure may be an issue.
- Battery charging stations are sometimes the site of fires and explosions.
- Inadequate fire safety precautions may result in burn injuries or smoke inhalation injuries.
- Inadequate personal protective equipment may contribute to injuries.
If you suffered a serious injury or if a family member suffered a catastrophic injury or loss of life in a Chicago warehouse accident, attorneys of Anesi, Ozmon, Rodin, Novak & Kohen Ltd. invite you to request a free consultation. Our track record of sizable verdicts and settlements is a strong indication of our effectiveness at seeking compensation for the injured. Discuss with one of our attorneys what types of compensation you may be eligible for after a warehouse accident. Call or e-mail us.
After an Injury in a Warehouse, Contact One of Our Workplace Injury Lawyers — Illinois Personal Injury Law Firm Offers Free Consultations
Injured in a warehouse? See our booklet, A Summary of the Rights and Benefits Available to Injured Workers Under Illinois Law. This short booklet is written in straightforward question-and-answer format and provides a fundamental introduction for injured workers, providing clear information about such topics as medical benefits and lost time benefits.
Contact our Illinois warehouse injury lawyers to schedule a free initial consultation.
Anesi, Ozmon, Rodin, Novak & Kohen Ltd., with offices in Chicago, represents clients throughout the state of Illinois, in communities such as Joliet, Rockford, Aurora, Peoria, Kankakee, Rock Island, Wheaton, Champaign-Urbana, Ottawa, and Springfield.