Chicago Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
Motorcycle accident injuries and fatalities can be difficult legal claims. These accidents are tough to litigate because of the bias toward motorcyclists (many people believe that bikers are reckless drivers). Questions of liability also come up if the motorcyclist was not wearing a helmet or did not have other safety gear.
Illinois Motorcycle Crash Injury Attorneys
At Anesi Ozmon, we have handled numerous motorcycle accident claims since our firm’s founding in 1955. We are known leaders in auto accident / personal injury law in Chicago and throughout Illinois, and we dedicate our practice to this important legal area.
Insurance companies will do everything they can to deny liability and your claim following a motorcycle accident. If an insurer has offered you payment following an accident, do not accept it. Contact our lawyers for protection of your rights and aggressive representation. With the help of accident reconstruction experts and other professionals, we will investigate your claim and document your injury, and all current and future costs associated with it.
Our firm has recovered millions of dollars for injured clients, including many multimillion dollar settlements and verdicts. One such case resulted in a$7,515,000 verdict for a motorcyclist who was partially paralyzed. The village where the accident occurred was found to have been negligent because it failed to properly maintain a road sign.
If you have lost a family member in a motorcycle accident, we can determine the full financial loss experienced by your family and pursue a wrongful death claim.
Chicago Interstates & Freeways
- Interstate 90 (I-90) is tolled east of the Wisconsin- Illinois border including a toll at the Chicago Skyway.
- Interstate 80 runs from the Quad Cities east to south of Chicago, it is the main east-west route for traffic.
- Interstate 55 connects the Chicago metropolitan areas and St. Louis, Missouri.
- Interstate 294 (I-294) is a tolled highway that runs across the northeastern part of Illinois.
- Motorcyclists are 39 times more likely than passenger car occupants to die in a crash.
- More than 75% of Motorcycle Accident Victims killed were not wearing a helmet in 2008.
- Intersections are the most likely place for a motorcycle accident.
- Alcohol use continues to be a significant problem in motorcycle crashes.
- 44% of Illinois motorcyclists killed in 2007 had been drinking.
- In Illinois, over 70% of fatal motorcycle crashes occur during the months of May through September.
- Cook County has the highest number of motorcycle crash fatalities in Illinois.
- Failure to keep in the proper lane, alcohol and drugs, and driving too fast are the three driver-related factors reported most frequently in 2007 for fatal Illinois motorcycle crashes.
Illinois Motorcycle Statistics
Contact our experienced Chicago motorcycle accident attorneys as soon as possible after an accident. There are deadlines for filing personal injury claims. Call 312-372-3822 or toll free at 800-458-3822, or contact us online to arrange a free consultation.