Chicago DUI Accident Lawyers
Drunk drivers cause thousands of devastating accidents, injuries and fatalities across the U.S. each year. When a driver has broken the law and driven while intoxicated, there should be no question that he or she is liable when an accident occurs. However, it is still important to hire an experienced attorney to protect your rights and to obtain the maximum compensation available for your injury or loss.
If a drunk driver hit your vehicle, ran a red light, swerved or acted in any way that caused you to become injured or lose a loved one, contact our attorneys at Anesi Ozmon in Chicago. Our drunk driving accident attorneys care. We have been dedicated to fighting for personal injury and wrongful death victims since 1955, and we are leaders in this important area of law.
Our Illinois Accident Lawyers Hold Drivers Accountable for Driving While Drunk
When drunk drivers cause accidents that result in serious injuries such as spinal cord injuries, fractures, head injuries and other injuries requiring surgery and rehabilitation, they must be held accountable.
Our goal is to achieve justice for you and your family by helping you recover financial compensation for your damages, including medical costs, pain and suffering, costs associated with a permanent disability and any other relevant damages.
Illinois Drunk Driving Car Accident Statistics
Everyone knows drunk driving is wrong, but many continue to drive drunk nonetheless. Illinois’ drunk driving accident statistics are disheartening:
- Each year in Illinois, about 300,000 people suffer injuries in alcohol-related traffic crashes, an average of one person is injured every two minutes.
- More than 45,900 DUI arrests were recorded by the Illinois Secretary of State’s office in 2009.
- At .08, all drivers are impaired to the point that critical driving skills are greatly diminished.
- At .08, a driver is three times more likely to be involved in a car crash than a sober driver, and 11 times more likely to be killed in an accident.
- About 80% of alcohol-related crash fatalities are caused by drivers with no arrests for drunk driving during the previous three years.
These statistics show why it is vital for the victims of DUI accidents to speak up. The criminal defense system can only go so far to prevent these serious accidents — drunk drivers must also be held accountable through the civil law system (personal injury lawsuits).
Contact Our Personal Injury Attorneys to Discuss Your Case
Whether you were driving, walking or riding a bike, if a drunk driver hit you, contact our team at Anesi Ozmon for assistance. We have obtained millions of dollars in settlements and verdicts for thousands of clients. Let us strive to do the same for you. Call 312-372-3822 or toll free at 800-458-3822, or send us an email to arrange a free consultation.