Hospital Infection Attorneys in Chicago
Hospital infections are extremely dangerous and have the potential to cause life-altering complications, even death. At Anesi Ozmon, our attorneys know that far too frequently people are infected because hospitals do not take the proper precautions to prevent the spread of germs. We are dedicated to helping victims and their family members who have suffered from a hospital-acquired infection.
Medical malpractice cases are challenging cases because the evidence is often complex. Emotions can also make these cases stressful. When you hire an attorney, you want someone who knows how to handle this case and can get it right. That’s why we’re here. Our law firm has been helping injured people throughout Chicago since 1955. We draw upon that experience with every person we help. Our firm helps people who have acquired a variety of infection, including:
- C. difficile
- Central line-associated bloodstream infections
- Ventilator-associated pneumonia
- Surgical-site infections
- Group A streptococcus causing necrotizing fasciitis (flesh-eating bacteria)
How Medical Negligence Can Lead to Staph Infections
Staph infections, which are contracted through an opening in the skin, are one of the most common hospital infections. Certain strains, such as the antibiotic-resistant strain methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA), if not promptly diagnosed and treated, can lead to life-threatening infections of the surgical site, lungs, bones, joints and heart valves.
These infections are usually caused when doctors, nurses or other hospital medical staff are medically negligent and do not take adequate precautions to prevent the spread of bacteria, such as:
- Failing to wash their hands
- Failing to properly clean and disinfect sinks that could carry waterborne microorganisms
- Failing to follow proper cleaning and disinfecting strategies
- Failing to properly dispose of laboratory waste, blood, needles, scalpels, anatomical and pathological waste
- Failing to wear double gloves during surgery
- Using dirty surgical instruments
Our lawyers know how to effectively handle medical negligence claims. We understand that this isn’t easy. Let us spend our energy fighting for you, so you can spend your energy healing, getting the care you need or grieving for your loved one. Contact our Chicago firm online or by telephone at 312-372-3822 or toll free at 800-458-3822.