Unsafe Ground Conditions
Chicago Dangerous Work Site Accident Lawyers
Ruts from heavy equipment, muddy or uneven land, and improperly covered holes can all lead to serious accidents and injuries. On a construction site, it is the general contractor’s responsibility to continuously monitor the work site conditions, smooth out the land and ensure that all surfaces and ground conditions are safe.
Improper ground conditions can cause workers to slip, trip, and fall, resulting in broken bones, knee injuries, ankle injuries and a range of other injuries that can compromise one’s ability to work. Poor ground conditions can also cause equipment and materials to become unstable and roll or fall, causing devastating injuries.
Illinois Attorneys Handling Injury Cases Involving Unsafe Ground Conditions
At Anesi Ozmon, we handle all areas related to your workplace injury, including your workers’ compensation claim, third-party liability claim and any other legal claim arising from your accident.
Injuries caused by unsafe ground conditions are serious matters. Our lawyers have seen them result in career-ending injuries, and we are dedicated to holding negligent parties accountable and recovering maximum compensation for the victims.
Below are brief summaries of cases involving unsafe ground conditions that we have resolved for past clients:
- $10,000,000 settlement for a construction worker who fell through a floor decking opening and suffered a brain injury.
- $7,173,000 record jury verdict for an ironworker whose ankle was crushed when a steel I-beam fell over onto his leg due to unsafe ground conditions.
- $4,065,000 settlement for an ironworker who suffered a foot injury that developed into reflex sympathetic dystrophy (RSD) when a bar joist fell on him as a result of improper ground conditions.
- $1,350,000 settlement for an ironworker who tripped in a hole which had not been properly backfilled.
- $1,412,069 settlement in a construction negligence case for an ironworker who suffered a back injury when he slipped on a construction site.
- $1,100,000 settlement for an ironworker who sustained an ankle fracture when a beam stored on uneven ground rolled onto the worker.
- $240,000 settlement for a pedestrian who fell into a six-foot hole on a construction site because the site was not fenced off, and the hole was not barricaded.
We have recovered millions of dollars for thousands of injured people. Call 312-372-3822 or toll free at 800-458-3822, or contact our attorneys online if you have been injured in a dangerous work site accident in Chicago.