Chicago Ladder and Scaffold Fall Injury Lawyers
Nat P. Ozmon, one of the founding attorneys of Anesi Ozmon, was a pioneer in the laws that provide protection to injured construction workers. Specifically, he discovered a little-used law pertaining to scaffold accidents and began utilizing it to his clients’ advantage. His diligence and drive to protect workers’ rights is part of our legacy.
In fact, even though the law was abolished in 1994, our firm made history in the area of scaffolding fall lawsuits, and we continue to offer extensive experience in this important area.
We were the first firm to put the scaffolding law to use, one of the most beneficial acts for workers in the state of Illinois. We were also one of the first law firm’s to focus on workers’ compensation claims in Chicago.
If you or a loved one has fallen off scaffolding or a ladder, turn to our law firm for the most experienced, compassionate and capable legal representation. At Anesi Ozmon, we handle both workers’ compensation claims and injury lawsuits for construction accident victims throughout Cook County and throughout Illinois.
Successes in Injury Cases Involving Falls From Heights
Scaffold falls, ladder falls and other falls from heights can be caused by a number of different factors. Whether a contractor failed to provide proper safety equipment, or a ladder or scaffold was defective, our lawyers will identify all negligent parties and help you obtain the maximum compensation available for your injury or your loved one’s wrongful death.
Below are brief summaries of cases involving construction falls and other falls from heights that we have resolved for past clients:
- $5,200,000 settlement after a scaffold collapse killed a union painter
- $4,250,000 verdict after an ironworker fell from rebar
- $4,000,000 settlement for a carpenter who fell from unsafe scaffolding and suffered a disabling back injury
- $3,090,000 verdict for a painter who fell from scaffolding and fractured his wrist
- $3,850,000 settlement after an ironworker’s fall caused fractures in his heel and ankle
- $3,500,000 wrongful death settlement after inadequate safeguards and fall protection caused a construction worker to fall from a building
- $2,780,000 verdict after a fall from a defective ladder injured a pipefitter’s back and knees
- $1,650,000 settlement for a millwright’s ladder injury (injury to pelvis and heels)
If you or a family member has suffered a scaffold injury or other fall injury in Chicago, speak with our attorneys as soon as possible. Call 312-372-3822 or contact us online to arrange a free consultation.