First Responder Disability Claims in the Greater Chicagoland Area
Attorneys Helping Those Who Help the Most
At Anesi Ozmon in Chicago, we want to extend our sincere thanks to local first responders who do so much each day to keep our communities safe. Please know that, if you are a first responder like a police officer, firefighter, or EMT, then we have your back for difficult legal cases. You can count on our lawyers for workers’ compensation claims, third-party injury claims, disability and pension claims if your injury is keeping you from working in your chosen profession. We appreciate your service, and we wish to show it by offering our top-tier legal representation and counsel, so call (312) 779-6610 whenever you need help.
Let Us Help with Your Recovery
We can help with cases involving the following and more:
- Police officer disability pension: We support our police officers throughout the greater Chicagoland area. If you were hurt in the line of duty please contact us so we can offer you assistance and advise.
- Firefighter disability pension: Each day for a firefighter can be a dangerous one. If an injury happens while working or that prevents you from working, then you should be fairly compensated.
- PEDA benefits: The Public Employee Disability Act (PEDA) of Illinois affords you certain disability benefits as a first responder. We can ensure you get them.
- PSEBA benefits: The Public Safety Employee Benefits Act (PSEBA) of Illinois provides additional benefits to any first responder and their family who is injured under certain scenarios.
- PTSD/Psychological injuries: Psychological trauma caused by your job could make you eligible for workers’ compensation benefits. For example, if you are traumatized after observing catastrophic injuries at an accident scene, or if you are involved in a traumatic event, then it could result in PTSD and you would be entitled to compensation.
- Occupational disease: If you became ill due to interacting with someone who has a contagious disease or working around hazardous chemicals, you could qualify for disability pension or workers’ compensation benefits.
- Pension Benefits: First responders are entitled to a pension benefit under the Illinois Pension Code if they become disabled during their employment. Our attorneys are familiar with this Pension Code and can assist you in obtaining the appropriate benefit you are entitled to receive.