News & Personal Injury Law Blog
- $67,000,000 verdict for a worker who suffered burn injuries when a grain bin exploded at a ConAgra, Inc. facility in Chester, Illinois.
- $12,000,000 settlement for a visitor at McCormick Place who fell down stairs that were improperly designed and constructed.
- $11,700,000 landmark settlement for a client who lost the use of both legs and one arm in a fall while walking down a flight of stairs at McCormick Place. Our firm's unique strategy on damages involved providing a fully handicap-accessible home for the client.
- $4,065,000 settlement for an ironworker who suffered a foot injury that developed into reflex sympathetic dystrophy (RSD) when a bar joist fell on him as a result of improper ground conditions.
- $3,800,000 verdict for a pipe fitter burned in an underground storage-tank explosion.
- Substantial undisclosed settlement in the traumatic sexual assault of a 79-year old nursing home resident where the parties and the amount of settlement are subject to a confidentiality order.
- $1,500,000 verdict for a woman injured by a falling paper-plate display at Kmart.
- $1,250,000 settlement for an ironworker who slipped...
Below are brief summaries of Workers' Compensation cases that we have resolved for past clients.
- $12,000,000 settlement. Successfully settled a complex case in favor of a catastrophically injured ironworker facing myriad insurance and Medicare issues. Substantial workers' compensation insurance funds were obtained to provide a handicap-accessible home and vehicle for the client and his family.
- $645,000 settlement on a totally disputed case for a laborer who had an unwitnessed fall off a ladder sustaining a brain injury.
- $525,000 award and settlement for a Local 1 ironworker whose foreman (and uncle) testified against him claiming no notice of an injury was given. Through phone records and through the impeachment of the testimony of the company's workers' compensation administrator, the firm obtained an award in excess of $250,000, including $125,000 in penalties and fees. The claim then later settled for an additional $275,000.
- $500,000 award for an ironworker who suffered a second career-ending injury in the same occupation which involved defending in the Appellate Court against an employer's appeal of the Illinois Workers' Compensation Commission's original decision in favor of our client.
- Established the medical relationship between and effect upon a union millwright who caught a...