The following is a sampling of the record results that our lawyers have achieved regularly in wrongful death cases:
- $6,700,000 settlement in the wrongful death of an ironworker due to construction negligence.
- $5,200,000 settlement for a union pipefitter killed when his scaffold collapsed.
- $5,000,000 medical negligence verdict against a hospital for the death of a man who took his own life while admitted to the psychiatric ward, this award was based on the hospital's failure to properly monitor, protect, and guard against his suicidal tendencies.
- $4,700,000 settlement for the wrongful death of a construction worker injured when his scaffold tipped over.
- $4,500,000 settlement -the full limits of insurance -for the wrongful death of an ironworker.
- $4,000,000 verdict in Lake County, Illinois for the death of a two-year-old girl as a result of medical negligence for the failure to diagnose meningitis. The medical personnel responsible for the child’s care misinterpreted a bruise to be the result of child abuse, but was actually a tell-tale sign of spinal-meningitis.
- $3,500,000 settlement for the death of a construction worker who fell from a building during construction as a result of improper safeguards and inadequate fall protection.
- $3,370,000 verdict and ultimate settlement for a man who bled to death because the City of Chicago failed to respond to an emergency 911 call and dispatch an ambulance.
- $3,200,000 settlement for an ironworker killed when he fell 19 feet while moving H-frames without adequate lifting devices.
- $3,200,000 verdict in a wrongful death action involving a railroad crossing in Will County, Illinois.
- $3,066,000 verdict in a 911 wrongful death case against the City of Chicago.
- $2,550,000 settlement for the wrongful death of a man killed in an automobile collision.
- $2,000,000 settlement for the death of a worker asphyxiated by methane gas.
- $1,950,000 settlement with a Health Maintenance Organization and physician for the death of a man due to the failure to timely diagnose colon cancer.
- $1,750,000 verdict for failure to repair in a timely manner a torn aorta that was caused by an automobile collision ultimately resulting in the death of a woman.
- $1,750,000 settlement for the death of a six-month-old girl who died after a pharmacy improperly filled her prescription for heart medication.
- $1,210,000 settlement on behalf of a construction worker who was killed as a result of defective construction equipment, a manlift.
We Handle Your Case, So You Can Recover
We understand the uncertainty you face and aim to provide you peace of mind. Clients may worry about making ends meet while missing work because of injuries or staying out of debt from medical bills. Our aim is to go above and beyond what you expect so that you can focus on recovery.
Work Directly With Your Attorney
Our firm believes that in order be a successful team, we need to work directly with our clients. Not only do you get to work directly with your attorney, but you always have access to their direct number to ensure your questions never go unanswered.
Personalized Strategies & Results
At Anesi Ozmon, we believe that no two situations are alike. Thus, we work to not only learn about your case but also about what unique goals and needs you may have in order to provide you with legal counsel customized to you.
Protecting the Injured Since 1955
Anesi Ozmon has four generations of leaders and decades of experience protecting the rights of those injured. When you come to our office, you don't just get our team, you get our history.