Below are brief summaries of medical malpractice cases that we have resolved for past clients.
- $18,000,000 settlement in a medical malpractice case involving the traumatic birth of a baby boy who was deprived of oxygen during labor and delivery which resulted in the baby being born with Cerebral Palsy of the spastic quadriplegic type.
- $6,000,000 settlement for the negligent management of a baby’s breathing tube that resulted in severe brain injury.
- $5,000,000 settlement in a medical malpractice case involving a patient’s suicide at a hospital.
- $4,500,000 settlement for a brain damaged baby resulting from misdiagnosed spinal meningitis.
- $4,500,000 settlement in a medical malpractice action on behalf of a 63-year-old man who suffered a severe and permanent kidney injury due to his doctor’s failure to properly monitor and respond to increasing warning signs of kidney damage.
- $4,000,000 verdict in a medical malpractice action in Lake County.
- $3,100,000 settlement for a little girl suffering brain damage following complications from cardiac surgery.
- $3,000,000 settlement for the traumatic birth of a baby due to the failure to perform a Cesarean-section delivery in a timely manner.
- Record Jury Verdict of $2,756,411.82 in a medical malpractice case for a baby girl who suffered an injury to her middle finger following a C-section delivery.
- $2,750,000 settlement for the wrongful death of a woman caused by giving her the wrong blood.
- $2,000,000 settlement – the full limits of insurance – for the wrongful death of a newborn who mistakenly received 10 times the required dose of Digoxin from a pharmacy.
- $2,000,000 settlement – the full limits of insurance – for the wrongful death of a man who died after surgery for a penile implant.
- $1,950,000 medical malpractice settlement for the wife and three children of a cancer patient who died due to the failure to diagnose and treat the condition.
- $1,750,000 verdict for the failure to repair a torn aorta caused by an automobile collision in a timely manner, resulting in the death of a woman.
- $1,750,000 settlement for the death of a six-month-old girl who died after a pharmacy improperly filled her prescription for heart medication.
- $1,500,000 settlement for the family of a Polish immigrant who died after a neighborhood clinic failed to provide the proper care when he complained of chest pains.
- Wrongful Death/Medical Malpractice settlement for 58-year-old man injured in a car collision. We alleged that the anesthesiologist failed to properly and timely respond to a dangerous drop in blood pressure during administration of pain medication. The case settled for $900,000.
- $875,000 verdict against a surgeon for the failure to properly diagnose and remove an acoustic neuroma.
- $600,000 settlement with resident physicians and a hospital for the death of an 11-day-old infant caused by negligence during the delivery.
We Handle Your Case, So You Can Recover
We understand the uncertainty you face and aim to provide you peace of mind. Clients may worry about making ends meet while missing work because of injuries or staying out of debt from medical bills. Our aim is to go above and beyond what you expect so that you can focus on recovery.
Work Directly With Your Attorney
Our firm believes that in order be a successful team, we need to work directly with our clients. Not only do you get to work directly with your attorney, but you always have access to their direct number to ensure your questions never go unanswered.
Personalized Strategies & Results
At Anesi Ozmon, we believe that no two situations are alike. Thus, we work to not only learn about your case but also about what unique goals and needs you may have in order to provide you with legal counsel customized to you.
Protecting the Injured Since 1955
Anesi Ozmon has four generations of leaders and decades of experience protecting the rights of those injured. When you come to our office, you don't just get our team, you get our history.