We Defend Workers After Unsafe Equipment/Machine Failure Accidents
People who work with machines and heavy equipment are at risk of serious injury on a daily basis. Employers have a responsibility to provide their employees with safe, properly maintained equipment. Manufacturers are responsible for creating machines and tools that are safe and free of defects.
When an accident happens, someone is at fault. At Anesi, Ozmon, Rodin, Novak & Kohen Ltd., we identify negligent parties and aggressively pursue compensation for injury victims and their families.
Since 1955, we have been dedicated to helping injured workers and other injured people in Chicago and throughout Illinois. Our lawyers can handle every aspect of your injury, including workers’ compensation, Social Security Disability and third-party claims, such as a personal injury or product liability claim, and any other matter related to your injury.
Construction Products Liability Attorneys In Illinois
Our attorneys have significant experience with construction and factory accidents, including injuries involving punch presses, coil carts, pinch points, inadequate guards/safety devices, altered machines, skill saws and other tools, hook and lanyard systems, and many other types of equipment.
Below are brief summaries of several cases involving unsafe equipment and machine failure that we have resolved for past clients:
- $5.1 million settlement for an ironworker who suffered a fracture, and cognitive and speech disorders as the result of a head injury when a crane boom fell on him
- $2 million record jury verdict for an ironworker who had a condition of multiple sclerosis triggered by a fall from defective equipment
- $1.21 million settlement on behalf of a construction worker who was killed as a result of a defective man lift
- $900,000 verdict for a road construction worker injured when he was struck by a concrete spreading machine on a job site
- $250,000 settlement in addition to a waiver of a workers’ compensation lien for a patient care technician injured when medical equipment fell from a hospital ceiling
Acting Quickly Is Important After An Accident
If you or a family member has been in an accident involving unsafe equipment or machine failure, speak with our attorneys as soon as possible. Call 312-997-5784 or contact us online to arrange a free consultation.