Bridge Accident Lawyers in Chicago
Trusted & Experienced Legal Representation
Ironworkers, painters, carpenters, and general laborers who are engaged in building and repairing bridges sometimes face extraordinary occupational hazards. Under challenging conditions, they often work in high places and awkward positions while managing heavy equipment.
Injuries to bridge construction workers occur in a variety of circumstances such as the following:
- “On May 26, 1994, a 53-year-old male ironworker was killed after falling through an opening in a bridge under construction. The incident occurred at the construction site where steel deck pans were being secured to concrete beams to form the bridge deck. The victim had been placing and securing the pans when he apparently tripped or lost his balance and fell through the opening covered with an unsecured pan. He fell 55 feet to the foot of a concrete pier.” (See source.)
- “On February 24, 2005, a 43-year-old male ironworker foreman, who was employed by a construction company, sustained fatal injuries when elements of a bridge support structure he was dismantling broke apart and he was crushed between them at a bridge construction site.” (See source.)
- On April 19, 2012, a 27-year-old “ironworker fell about 25 feet Thursday at a Sarpy County [Nebraska] site where construction of the U.S. Highway 34 bridge [was] underway.”
- On May 16, 2012, an ironworker involved in a bridge project was badly “shocked and burned by powerful current from high-voltage lines that pass over a construction site where a bridge will be built over the Beaver River (see source) in Bridgewater, Pennsylvania. The jolt from the high-voltage electric shock caused him to fall and suffer a traumatic head injury."
These are just a few of many recent examples regarding serious accidental injuries and fatalities that have affected bridge construction crew members in the United States. Whether a bridge accident results in a fall, burn, crushed back, or neck injury, the injured person or surviving family members inevitably face great expenses and losses. At Anesi Ozmon, our Chicago bridge accident attorneys represent injured bridge construction workers and family members in catastrophic bridge accident cases.
A detailed investigation after a bridge accident may determine liability on the part of one or more of the following:
- Equipment or materials manufacturers
- Engineers, inspectors, or planners
- Contractors or subcontractors
Investigators may learn that OSHA safety regulations were violated. Workers may not have had proper fall protection gear. Structures to support workers may not have been properly erected. Electrical hazards may not have been taken into account. In the case of a bridge collapse, determination of liability may be a lengthy process. Serious or catastrophic injuries unfailingly result in extraordinary expenses and losses. Aggressive, trustworthy legal counsel is essential for injured people and their families after a bridge accident.
It is important to work with highly experienced, accomplished bridge accident attorneys in Chicago to maximize recovery of compensation. Attorneys at Anesi Ozmon have the resources and skills needed to advocate effectively on behalf of people injured in any type of bridge accident.
Contact Us Today for a Free Consultation
Injured on the job in a bridge accident? Anesi Ozmon, with offices in Chicago, represents clients throughout the state of Illinois.
We Handle Your Case, So You Can Recover
We understand the uncertainty you face and aim to provide you peace of mind. Clients may worry about making ends meet while missing work because of injuries or staying out of debt from medical bills. Our aim is to go above and beyond what you expect so that you can focus on recovery.
Work Directly With Your Attorney
Our firm believes that in order be a successful team, we need to work directly with our clients. Not only do you get to work directly with your attorney, but you always have access to their direct number to ensure your questions never go unanswered.
Personalized Strategies & Results
At Anesi Ozmon, we believe that no two situations are alike. Thus, we work to not only learn about your case but also about what unique goals and needs you may have in order to provide you with legal counsel customized to you.
Protecting the Injured Since 1955
Anesi Ozmon has four generations of leaders and decades of experience protecting the rights of those injured. When you come to our office, you don't just get our team, you get our history.