The Mother of 5-year-old Amareon Williams, who was tragically killed at a daycare facility on June 9th, has retained the law firm of Anesi, Ozmon, Rodin, Novak & Kohen, LTD. to investigate the wrongful death of her son and to pursue all available legal remedies on her behalf. Anita Leflore had placed her son at Tricia’s Playhouse and Daycare in Michigan City, Indiana on Monday, June 9th along with his two younger sisters. In the early afternoon, Amareon was playing with several other children unsupervised on an outdoor playset apparatus when he was found unresponsive by several children with a jump rope entangled around his neck. After the child’s death, a forensic examination later revealed he died from asphyxiation.
At the time of the tragic incident, there were no staff members directly monitoring or supervising the children playing outside in the daycare’s backyard. The Indiana Family and Social Services Administration has ordered the closure of the facility because it found the center “in violation of supervision regulations” at the time of the incident. State documents reveal that the daycare facility had been placed on probation due to several serious infractions discovered during an inspection in April of this year. Michigan City police are continuing to conduct their investigation into this incident.
Coverage of the incident can be found in the following news sources:
- NY Daily News: “Indiana boy, 5, hanged himself with jump rope while playing at daycare: lawsuit”
- Atlanta Daily News: “Boy found hanging at troubled daycare”
- NBC Washington: “Mother sues daycare center after son found hanging”
- NBC Philadelphia: “Mother sues daycare center after son found hanging”
- ABC Chicago: “Indiana mother files suit after son dies at daycare”
- NBC New York: “Mother sues daycare center after son found hanging”
- NBC Los Angeles: “Mother sues daycare center after son found hanging”
- WGN TV: “Family files suit after boy dies at Indiana daycare”
- CBS Chicago: “Mother sues daycare after son, 5, dies In accident”
- NBC Chicago: “Mother sues daycare center after son found hanging”
- NWI Times: “Lawsuit likely to be filed against daycare”