Below are brief summaries of construction negligence cases that we have resolved for past clients.
- $24,250,000 settlement for an ironworker rendered a quadriplegic as a result of a 50-foot fall.
- $22,000,000 combined settlement for seven masons injured when a masonry wall collapsed during construction due to high winds and the failure to properly brace the wall during construction.
- $20,937,000 verdict for an ironworker whose arm was severed by a 550-lb. steel beam falling from a crane on a construction site. The arm was surgically re-attached but will not be fully functional.
- $20,000,000 settlement for a laborer who was paralyzed when a wall collapsed.
- $14,000,000 combined settlement for four ironworkers injured when the Post Office collapsed during construction.
- $13,000,000 jury verdict for a millwright injured when he fell from an oven under construction.
- $12,434,000 settlement for an ironworker and his wife after the worker suffered a brain injury from a fall of 18 feet after a defective piece of roof decking shifted during installation at a car dealership. This is the largest "work injury" verdict published in Winnebago County, Illinois.
- $12,000,000 settlement for a construction worker paralyzed when he was struck by falling construction materials.
- $11,287,500 settlement for a worker paralyzed...