Scott C. Sands has over 30 years of experience in the area of personal injury litigation and trial law and has earned a reputation as an expert and leader in the field of Railroad Law. He represents injured railroad employees under the Federal Employer’s Liability Act (FELA), the Locomotive Inspection Act (LIA), and the Safety Appliance Act (SAA). He has tried cases in both state and federal courts in multiple states including Illinois, Indiana, Missouri, Iowa, Tennessee, and Montana. He takes great pride in protecting the rights of the injured.
Prior to joining Anesi Ozmon, Rodin, Novak & Kohen, Ltd., he practiced at Sands & Associates where he served as lead counsel on more than 200 personal injury cases. Sands tried and settled several multi-million dollar cases under FELA, the Jones Act, the Defense Base Act, and Longshore Harbor Workers’ Compensation Act cases, in addition to other personal injury cases. Scott also spent five years as a felony trial attorney with the Public Defender’s Office in Chicago.
- Illinois, 1986
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois Trial Bar
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court Western District of Tennessee
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association
- Academy of Rail Labor Attorneys