Patrick J. Blum is an associate attorney at Anesi Ozmon. As a trial attorney, he considers it his privilege to represent individuals whose lives have been affected by the carelessness and negligence of others. Patrick understands that the time following a personal injury can be a very difficult time for people, not only because of the physical or emotional injury they suffered but also due to the unfamiliarity with the legal process. Patrick will take whatever time is needed to explain the legal process and put his clients at ease. He understands that earning his clients’ trust and keeping that trust is an important responsibility.
A tenacious, resourceful and respected trial attorney, Patrick brings a strong track record of success and has litigated federal and state personal injury and wrongful death claims relating to auto and tractor-trailer crashes, police brutality, product liability, medical and dental malpractice, nursing home litigation, premises liability, violations of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Act and violations of Section 1983 of the United States Code.
Patrick is equally at home in the courtroom or negotiating table, having achieved six- and seven-figure settlements and verdicts on behalf of his clients during his career. His work on behalf of victims has been recognized by the National Trial Lawyers, which named him a Top 40 Under 40 Lawyer and a top 100 Trial Lawyer. Leading Lawyers has recognized his work by designating him as an Emerging Lawyer each year since 2015.
Patrick graduated from Southwestern University School of Law, Los Angeles, California, and was admitted to the California Bar in 2003. He practiced personal injury and class-action law in California for seven years before moving to Chicago, where he has worked for nationally recognized firms before joining Anesi’s team in 2019.
Additional Areas of Focus
- Police Brutality
- Dental Malpractice
- Class Action Lawsuits
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois, 2011
- Illinois, 2009
- California, 2003
- U.S. District Court Central District of California, 2003
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Indiana, 2017
- The National Trial Lawyers, Top 40 Under 40
- The National Trial Lawyers, Top 100 Trial Lawyers
- Law Bulletin Publishing Company, Leading Lawyers, Emerging Lawyers
- Illinois Trial Lawyer Association, Member, 2009 to Present
- Chicago Bar Association, Member, 2009 to Present
- American Association for Justice, Member, 2006 to 2009
- Association of Plaintiff Interstate Trucking Lawyers of America (APITLA)