Patrick J. Blum
Patrick J. Blum is an associate attorney at Anesi, Ozmon, Rodin, Novak, & Kohen. As a trial attorney he considers it his privilege to represent individuals whose lives have been affected by the carelessness and negligence of others. Patrick understands that the time period following a personal injury can be a very difficult time for people, not only because of the physical or emotion injury they suffered but also due to the unfamiliarity with the legal process. Patrick will take whatever time is needed to explain the legal process and put his clients at ease. He understands that earning his clients trust and keeping that trust is an important responsibility.
A tenacious, resourceful and respected trial attorney, Patrick brings a strong track record of success and has litigated federal and state personal injury and wrongful death claims relating auto and tractor-trailer crashes, police brutality, product liability, medical and dental malpractice, nursing home litigation, premises liability, violations of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Act and violations of Section 1983 of the United States Code.
Patrick is equally at home in the courtroom or negotiating table, having achieved six- and seven-figure settlements and verdicts on behalf of his clients during his career. His work on behalf of victims has been recognized by the National Trial Lawyers, which named him a Top 40 Under 40 Lawyer and a top 100 Trial Lawyer. Leading Lawyers has recognized his work by designated him as an Emerging Lawyers each year since 2015.
Patrick graduated from Southwestern University School of Law, Los Angeles, California and was admitted to the California Bar in 2003. He practiced personal injury and class-action law in California for seven years before moving to Chicago, where he has worked for nationally recognized firms before joining Anesi’s team in 2019.
- $3,700,000: Wrongful Death – Apartment fire kills woman in an elevator.
- $3,000,000: Automobile versus Biker- Drunk driver crushes man on bicycle.
- $2,450,000: Wrongful Death – Security shoots and kills a man leaving an apartment complex.
- $2,000,000: Wrongful Death – Man struck by vehicle during a high-speed police pursuit.
- $1,500,000: Automobile versus Semi-Truck – Semi pulls out of driveway in front of motorist.
- $1,125,000: Premises Liability: Resident struck by a loose section of building’s roofing shingles.
- $1,100,000: Wrongful Death – Man died after arrest and taken into police custody.
- $890,000: Workplace Injury-Man struck by metal pipe and develops neuralgia.
- $600,000: Automobile versus Pedestrian – Police vehicle strikes man walking on sidewalk.
- $164,638: Workplace Injury – Man struck on head from cargo falling from semi-trailer.
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Police brutality
- Product liability
- Trucking accidents
- Dental malpractice
- Premises liability
- Class action lawsuits
100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- California, 2003
- Illinois, 2009
All Illinois State Courts
United States District Court, Northern District of Illinois, 2011
United States District Court, Central District of Illinois, 2015
United States District Court, Northern District of Indiana, 2017
Southwestern University School of Law, Los Angeles, California
J.D. – 2003
Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana
B.S. – 1998
Awards and Recognition
- The National Trial Lawyers, Top 40 Under 40
- The National Trial Lawyers, Top 100 Trial Lawyers
- Law Bulletin Publishing Company, Leading Lawyers, Emerging Lawyers
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Association for Justice (AAJ)
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association (ITLA)
- Association of Plaintiff Interstate Trucking Lawyers of America (APITLA)