Protecting the injured since 1955
Jennifer also strives to give back to her community. She is the current President of the Young Professionals Board of the Chicago Bar Foundation, and serves as a parent representative on the Local School Council of the Chicago Public School her children attend. Previously, Jennifer served on the Board of Directors of the Workers’ Compensation Lawyers Association, and the Associate Board of Providence St. Mel School. Additionally, Jennifer was selected to participate in the annual Illinois Trial Lawyers Association Workers’ Compensation seminar as a speaker in 2015 and as the moderator in 2019.
Jennifer is committed to protecting workers’ rights, and has routinely obtained significant recoveries for her clients through trials and settlements. Jennifer truly cares for the injured workers she represents, and commits herself to every case with compassion and diligence.
Jennifer's Recent Settlements & Awards:
- $500,000.00 settlement for a union truck driver after establishing his severe leg injury was career-ending despite the fact he never underwent surgery. The settlement also included a Medicare Set-Aside of over $100,000.00 as consideration for the client’s future medical needs.
- Secured settlement of over $495,000.00 for a union laborer who suffered a debilitating crush injury to his foot, leaving him permanently restricted from returning to construction work. As part of the settlement, the insurance company also remained responsible for any future medical treatment required by the client.
- Negotiated settlement of $313,000.00 for a union carpenter who sustained a severe hip injury due to his long term hard labor work as a flooring installer. In addition, the client’s future medical needs were protected through a Medicare Set-Aside which was being fully funded by the workers’ compensation insurance carrier.
- Received trial award of over $110,000.00 for a nurse who injured her shoulder while working. The Arbitrator awarded all requested benefits. The claim was disputed by the workers’ compensation carrier, with only a $3,000.00 settlement offer extended before trial.
- Award of weekly TTD benefits and medical expenses, including cost of lumbar surgery, for a restaurant worker who severely injured his low back while stocking heavy boxes of food. The Arbitrator awarded all requested benefits.
- Settlement of $165,000.00 in consideration of unpaid weekly TTD benefits, medical expenses and permanent disability for a union pipefitter who sustained a shoulder injury and repetitive trauma injuries to his wrists. The insurance company disputed the claims based on medical opinions from their IME doctor, but through extensive negotiations, Jennifer was able to secure a significant settlement for her client.
- Workers' Compensation
- DePaul University College of Law, Chicago, Illinois
- J.D. - 2005
- Honors: Moot Court Society
- Indiana University, Bloomington, Illinois
- Journalism - 2001
- Illinois, 2005
- Belcher Law Office, Attorney, 2011 to 2012
- Wiedner & McAuliffe, Ltd., Attorney, 2005 to 2011
Classes & Seminars
- Chicago Volunteer Legal Services, 2011 to 2013
Fraternities or Sororities
- Alpha Chi Omega
Certified Legal Specialties
- Chicago Bar Association, Member, 2005 to 2013
- Women’s Bar Association of Illinois, Member
- Illinois Trial Lawyers’ Association, Member
- Workers’ Compensation Lawyers’ Association, Board of Directors, 2015 to 2018
- Workers’ Compensation Lawyers’ Association, Member, Present
- Young Professionals Board of the Chicago Bar Foundation, President
- Alcott Elementary School Local School Council, Parent Representative
- Workers’ Compensation Lawyers’ Association, Board of Directors, Current Member, 2015 to 2018
- Associate Board of Providence St. Mel School, Member, 2010 to 2018
Current Employment Positions
“I just want to let you know between Jennifer and Lisa, you two are awesome attorneys and I will recommend you both till the end! I love your service and positivity throughout the process! Thank you both for all you have done! I honestly felt so comfortable with your service from the start! I can’t thank you both enough! Honestly!”
“They did a great job with helping me with my workman's comp case. I would recommend this law firm to anyone that’s in need of a lawyer.”