Protecting the injured since 1955
Hayley Graham is an attorney at Anesi, Ozmon, Rodin, Novak, & Kohen, committed to fighting for the rights of injured workers in Workers’ Compensation and Social Security Disability claims.
Hayley is a fierce supporter of workers’ rights. She grew up the daughter of an ironworker out of Local 444 in the southwest suburbs of Chicago. Her grandfathers were union carpenters and her brother is a Local 150 operating engineer. Hayley’s background provides her with an earnest understanding of the needs of Anesi Ozmon’s clients. She knows what her clients do for a living and the conditions they work in. Most importantly, Hayley understands the devastating toll an injury can take on their livelihoods.
Hayley has been recognized by her peers for her advocacy, and was named a Super Lawyer Rising Star by Thompson Reuters, a distinction given to only 2.5% of attorneys in Illinois. LeadingLawyers also named her an Emerging Lawyer, an accolade given to only 2% of attorneys under 40 practicing less than 10 years. Both awards combine peer nominations and evaluations with third party research to determine the recipients.
Hayley’s commitment to exposing injustice precedes her legal career. Prior to law school, Hayley was an award-winning journalist. She was part of an enterprise-reporting team that garnered the top award in Illinois for investigative reporting. In 2012, Hayley graduated from DePaul University College of Law, where she focused her studies on courtroom advocacy.
Hayley has been actively involved in the Women’s Bar Association of Illinois (WBAI) as a co-chair of various committees. She has been elected to the WBAI board as a Director and also serves as Editor of the WBAI Newsletter. In her free time, she enjoys cooking, tennis and spending time with family.
Recent Awards and Settlements:
- $670,000 settlement for a carpenter who suffered a workplace injury that caused significant knee and back injuries, resulting in permanent total disability. An additional $599,000 was obtained in a Medicare Set-Aside for future medial expenses.
- $245,000 settlement for a warehouse worker who sustained a finger injury, after a trial award of lifetime permanent total disability benefits.
- $160,000 settlement for a workplace injury that resulted in loss of vision in one eye. The settlement also included an additional $20,000 Medicare Set-Aside for his future medical needs.
- $115,000 settlement for a warehouse worker who sustained a back injury, underwent surgery and returned to work full-duty.
- Trial award of weekly maintenance benefits, vocational rehabilitation feeds, and penalties after Respondent refused to approve vocational rehabilitation with a counselor of Petitioner’s choice.
- Trial award of weekly TTD benefits and medical expenses, including the cost of shoulder surgery, for a snow plow driver who suffered a repetitive injury to his rotator cuff from increased shifting and plowing in a tight space during a period of heavy snowfall. The award also included a lump sum for the permanent nature of his injuries.
- Workers' Compensation
- Social Security Disability
- DePaul University College of Law, Chicago, Illinois
- J.D. - 2012
- Honors: CALI Excellence for the Future Award, Legal Analysis, Research & Communication III
- Honors: Chancellor's Award for Volunteer Service
- Columbia College Chicago, Chicago, Illinois
- B.A. - 2007
- Honors: With Honors
- Honors: 1st Place for In-Depth Reporting, Illinois College Press Association
- Honors: Newspaper Pacemaker Award, Associated Collegiate Press
- Major: Journalism
- Illinois, 2012
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2017
- Illinois Super Lawyer Rising Star, 2017-2018, 2020
- Leading Lawyers Emerging Lawyer, 2019
- William J. Harte Amicus Volunteer Award 2016
Classes & Seminars
Fraternities or Sororities
Certified Legal Specialties
- Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity, International
- Women's Bar Association of Illinois
- Chicago Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association
- Workers’ Compensation Lawyers Association
- American Association for Justice
Current Employment Positions
“I just want to let you know between Jennifer and Lisa, you two are awesome attorneys and I will recommend you both till the end! I love your service and positivity throughout the process! Thank you both for all you have done! I honestly felt so comfortable with your service from the start! I can’t thank you both enough! Honestly!”
“They did a great job with helping me with my workman's comp case. I would recommend this law firm to anyone that’s in need of a lawyer.”