Brian D. Teven
Brian was selected as an Emerging Lawyer in 2015, 2016, and 2017. Emerging Lawyers have been selected by their peers to be among the top lawyers age 40 or younger and include less than 2% of all lawyers in Illinois. He is an active member of several legal organizations including the Illinois Trial Lawyers Association, the Chicago Bar Association, and the American Association for Justice. Brian takes great pride in representing individuals and their families in cases against large insurance companies and corporations.
- Illinois, 2002
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois, 2002
- Polansky & Cichon, Associate, 2003 to 2009
- Emerging Lawyer
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association
- Chicago Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- American Association for Justice
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Finance
University of Wisconsin
- Juris Doctorate
Washington University School of Law
St. Louis, MO
Recent Settlements & Verdicts
- $4.55 million settlement for a motorcyclist who was caused to fall off his motorcycle entering an area of negligent maintenance and improper signage on a public street. Our client suffered a traumatic brain injury which led to an ongoing seizure disorder.
- $2.1 million total package settlement for a union ironworker who suffered bilateral wrist fractures after falling from a steel beam while working at a construction site.
- $1,500,000 settlement for a woman whose arm was crushed by a defective machine in the workplace.
- $1,225,000 total settlement package for three passengers in a motor vehicle accident who suffered serious injuries after being rear-ended.
- $1 million settlement for a woman who suffered facial fractures with reconstructive surgery due to a motor vehicle accident.
- $700,000 total package settlement for a union ironworker who injured his back while lifting a heavy piece of steel in the workplace.
- $600,000 settlement for a union ironworker who injured his shoulder after slipping on a piece of loose conduit on a construction site.
- $550,000 settlement for an 80-year-old patient whose doctor failed to properly diagnose and treat colon cancer.
- $500,000 total settlement package for a truck driver who suffered a herniated disc after being pinned to a fence by a pallet jack.
- $400,000 total package settlement for a union ironworker who suffered a fractured foot after being struck by a steel beam on a construction site.
- $250,000 settlement for a man who suffered a herniated disc with surgery due to a motor vehicle accident at an intersection.
- $200,000 total package settlement for a union ironworker who suffered a torn labrum when a bar joist fell on his leg on a construction site.
- $200,000 settlement for a passenger in a limousine who injured her shoulder when the limousine was sideswiped by a semi-truck.
- $190,000 settlement for a child who suffered a fractured arm which required surgery due to being a passenger on a boat that was struck by another boat.