Mark Novak, President and Managing Partner of Anesi, Ozmon, Rodin, Novak & Kohen, Ltd., continues to be active in all aspects of the case involving the wrongful and tragic death of 5-year-old Amareon Williams at a daycare facility in Michigan City, Indiana.
LaPorte County Prosecutors informed our client Anita Leflore, the mother of Amareon, of the criminal charges against Tricia Calvin, the owner of Tricia’s Playhouse and Daycare. An arrest warrant was issued to Calvin and she was charged with two felonies of involuntary manslaughter and reckless homicide.
Mark Novak says, “Anita LeFlore is very satisfied today that the prosecutor is going to make sure that the people running this facility, that the people in charge of Amareon’s care that day, are going to have to accept responsibility for what happened.”
The wrongful death lawsuit filed by Anesi, Ozmon, Rodin, Novak & Kohen, Ltd. against Tricia’s Playhouse and Daycare on behalf of Anita Leflore is pending. Mark Novak will review the information provided by the prosecutor’s office with our client to determine if legal action should be taken against the State of Indiana.
Coverage of the incident can be found in the following news sources:
- WSBT 22: “Michigan City day care owner, two employees charged in death of 5-year-old boy”
- WIMS AM 1420: “The owner of a Michigan City day care gets charged”
- South Bend Tribune: “Charges filed in death”
- WSBT 22: “Michigan City day care owner charged in death of 5-year-old boy”
- FOX 28: “Attorney: Daycare hanging victim’s mother says those in charge should accept responsibility for what happened”
- ABC 57: “Michigan City daycare owner charged in child’s death”
- NWI Times: “Michigan City day care owner charged with manslaughter in boy’s death”
- The Michigan City News-Dispatch: “Tricia’s Playhouse owner wanted on felony charges”
- WNDU 16: “Michigan City daycare operator charged with involuntary manslaughter”