Below are brief summaries of Workers' Compensation cases that we have resolved for past clients.
- $12,000,000 settlement. Successfully settled a complex case in favor of a catastrophically injured ironworker facing myriad insurance and Medicare issues. Substantial workers' compensation insurance funds were obtained to provide a handicap-accessible home and vehicle for the client and his family.
- $645,000 settlement on a totally disputed case for a laborer who had an unwitnessed fall off a ladder sustaining a brain injury.
- $525,000 award and settlement for a Local 1 ironworker whose foreman (and uncle) testified against him claiming no notice of an injury was given. Through phone records and through the impeachment of the testimony of the company's workers' compensation administrator, the firm obtained an award in excess of $250,000, including $125,000 in penalties and fees. The claim then later settled for an additional $275,000.
- $500,000 award for an ironworker who suffered a second career-ending injury in the same occupation which involved defending in the Appellate Court against an employer's appeal of the Illinois Workers' Compensation Commission's original decision in favor of our client.
- Established the medical relationship between and effect upon a union millwright who caught a...